Session 1: August 16-19, 2016
Session 2: August 21-24, 2016
EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBERS:
SOU Pre-College Youth Programs:
SOU Pre-College Youth Programs Director: Rachel Jones (541) 552-6326
Oregon Institute of Marine Biology (OIMB):
- Treat everyone with courtesy and respect.
- Follow safety rules and instructor directions.
- Minimize your impact on the sites we visit (especially the tidepools).
- Handle all living creatures (in labs and in the field) with extreme care.
- Observe curfew and “lights-out.”
- Follow dress code. You are expected to dress for the weather and activities. Do not wear exposed undergarments (including boxer shorts or bra straps), low-cut or midriff shirts, or clothing (including hats) with inappropriate writing or graphics.
WHAT TO PACK:
(Remember, van space is limited, so please pack only these items)
- rubber boots or sneakers/hiking boots that can get wet and muddy (for tidepooling)
- another pair of sneakers or other closed-toe, comfortable shoes (very important to bring two pairs)
- sweater/ski jacket, gloves, and a warm hat or earmuffs (for crabbing)
- two or three pairs of pants or jeans
- two or three pairs of shorts (which includes the pair you wear on the van)
- four T-shirts (which includes the shirt you wear on the van)
- PJs or sweats for sleeping
- underwear and socks
- sleeping bag (or sheets and blanket) and pillow
- towel and washcloth
- toiletries (toothpaste and toothbrush, shampoo, soap, comb, etc.)
- water bottle (Fill before van trip.)
- plastic garbage bag (for packing wet/sandy shoes and clothes for return trip)
- money for souvenirs ($20 maximum)
- OPTIONAL: camera (put your name on disposables), reading book, travel alarm, playing cards, sports sandals
DO NOT BRING:
- cell phone
- food or drinks of any kind (except water)
- portable CD/cassette player, MP3, ipod, etc
- handheld electronic games or other electronic devices