Student Information System
Want to know whether an opening is available in a class you are wait listed for?
Wait List Notification provides a more efficient way for students to access seats as they become available.
Get the SOU class you wait listed for faster and easier!
How does Wait List Notification work?
When a seat becomes available, the student at the top of the wait list will be granted an offer to register in the course section. Students must check the Wait List Status web page within SISWeb to determine whether they have received notice of an offer to register. We recommend checking at least twice per day. The Wait List Status web page will be updated every half hour from 6:00 A.M. to 2:00 A.M. daily so the more often you check the better.
For your convenience, an email will be sent to your SOU email account but the official wait list notification is provided via the Wait List Status page in SISWeb.
If you want a seat in the wait listed class, you must register in the course section by the date and time indicated on the Wait List Status page; you will not be registered automatically. If you do not register by the deadline, your seat will be offered to the next person on the wait list and you will be moved to the bottom of the wait list. If you no longer want to remain on the wait list, drop the course section via SISWeb.
If you are not registered for the course section prior to the first day of the term, you must attend class and obtain the instructor's approval to register.
When will Wait List Notification be available?
Wait List Notification is available right now.
How do I check my wait list status?
The Wait List Status web page is located on the Registration menu in SISWeb.
- Log into SISWeb
- Click on the "Student & Financial Aid" menu link.
- Click on the "Registration" menu link.
- Click on the "Wait List Status" link.
Your wait listed classes and their status will be displayed on this page. If you have an offer to register, click on the "Register Now" link and register for the course section. To remove your name from the course section wait list, click on the "Drop Wait Listed Class" link and drop the course section.
How do I check my SOU student email?
If you do not already have an SOU student email account when you register, one will be created for you within 1 business day.
- Open a web browser and go to SOU Anywhere located at http://www.sou.edu/anywhere.
- Click on the NetMail WebAccess link.
- Enter your SOU student account name and password when prompted.
How do I find out my SOU student account name and password?
If you do not already have an SOU student account when you register, one will be created for you within 1 business day.
- Open a web browser and go to the Student Computing home page located at http://www.sou.edu/studentcomputing.
- Click on the Get Account Name link.
- Enter your first name, last name, social security number or student ID, and date of birth.
- Click on the Submit button
- Your account name will be displayed and you will then be able to set your password.