Approved Minutes for February 2, 2004
Present: John Whitesitt, Wayne Schumacher, Cody Bustamante, Curt Whittaker, Sib Farrell, Dan Rubenson, Marny Rivera, Wilkins-O'Riley Zinn, Kemble Yates, Kevin Talbert, Peter Wu, Jean Maxwell, Jon Harbaugh, Lee Ayers, Mark Siders, Etsuko Fujimoto, Diana Maltz, Mara Affre, Alena Ruggerio, Connie Anderson, Dale Vidmar, Terry Longshore, Laura Jones, Laura O’Bryon.o:p>
Guests: Barbara Scott, Diane Brimmer, Carl Moody, Ron Bolstad, Michael Parker, Barbara Scott Winkler, Parvaneh Scoggin, Sue Burkholder, Judith Ginsburg, Joan McBee.
I. Re -Approved Minutes of st1:date Month="12" Day="1" Year="2003">December 1, 2003 and Approved Minutes of
Motions by Dale Vidmar, Seconds by Peter Wu with no changes.
A. Welcome to Laura Jones, who will be substituting for John Richards for the balance of winter term.
B. Mara Affre noted that the final Preview Weekend is scheduled for February 13-14, with around 300 total guests expected.
C. Terry Longshore announced the SOU Percussion Ensemble's performance on Monday February 9th at .
III. Action Item – APC Grade Change Proposals (text for proposals attached):
A. Joan McBee represented the Academic Planning Committee and votes were taken on two grade change proposals:
1. Motion to approve "M" Grade Proposal. Motion made by John Whitesitt, Second by Kemble Yates. Motion approved: For-20, Against-0, Abstention-0.
2. Motion to approve "NC" Grade Proposal. Motion made by John Whitesitt, Second by Curt Whittaker. Motion approved: For-20, Against-0, Abstention-0.
IV. Remarks from the Student Senate Representative: Angela Galvan
A. Email attachment covers the remarks.
V. Update on AAAC's review of Strategic Initiatives: Michel Parker, Committee Chair
A. 36 Initiatives were received as of
VI. Advisory Council Report from the Faculty Senate Vice Chair: Jon Harbaugh
A. AC Meeting of
1. Some progress has been made relative to joining the Frontier Conference.
2. Discussion was held regarding the potential of revising the yearly all-campus events.
3. Discussion was held regarding the potential of revising the yearly all-campus events.
B. AC Meeting of
1. The REACT Peer Education Program presented information.
2. Diane Brimmer presented the proposed modifications to the "Student Code-of Content."
3. The APC is reviewing the Grade Grievance Policies with an eye toward revision.
4. The imminent visit from Governor Kulongoski on January 28th was planned.
VII. Update on Governor Ted Kulongoski's visit to SOU: Lee Ayers and Kevin Talbert
Catalog changes were reviewed and discussion followed. A vote will be held on the proposals at February 16 Senate meeting.
REACT (Relationship Education Action Conversation Team) is a student run group available to present to classes and to other formal settings in the community on issues of sexual assault, violence assault, sexual harassment, dating and domestic violence, stalking, body image, depression and suicide, and victim’s issues. For more information, contact the Women’s
Adjourned approximately . Minutes submitted by Laura O’Bryon
Updated Thursday, March 4, 2004, 09:56:13