The Language Resource Center is open to all SOU students, with preference given to students enrolled in foreign language classes. The lab is located in Central Hall, Room 270.
Lab hours are 9:30 am - 5 pm Monday through Thursday.
The lab contains the following equipment to enhance student learning in foreign languages:
- 12 Pentium 4 PCs @ 2GHz,512 RAM, 60GB hard drive, CD Burner.
- 4 Dell laptops for use in lab.
- 10 wireless headsets.
- 1 - Laser Printer.
- TV monitors and DVDs.
- Satellite connections receiving Chinese, French, German, Japanese, and Spanish television broadcasts.
- CD programs to accompany language courses.
The lab has the following unique software:
- Several foreign language software programs in addition to software programs which accompany course textbooks.
- Microsoft Word spellcheck and grammar check programs for French, German and Spanish.
- Black & white : $0.05
- We provide CD duplicating for audio materials to accompany foreign language courses, and also have multi-regional video disc players.
- The lab has oral assessment software, and conducts placement testing for French, German and Spanish.
- Tutoring is available on a drop-in basis, according to the tutoring schedule.
- Weekly conversation groups in French and Spanish.
- Preference given to students in foreign language courses.