Web Resources and Guidelines
Publish Tips and Tricks
Adding a Publish short cut to your browser's toolbar
This will allow you to quickly bring up a page in the Publish editor. Just browse to the page on the Web, then click this shortcut and log in to Publish.
- First select the accounts tab in Publish and then the Tools sub-tab.
- Just drag the Edit icon to your browser's bookmark bar. In IE, right-click the Edit icon and select "Add to Favorites", then click OK to the security warning.
- When you are viewing a page you want to edit, click the Edit shortcut in your bookmark bar. Of course this only works on pages for which you have rights to edit in Publish, and the page must already exist in Publish.
Getting rid of extra line breaks
Sometimes you'll find that you inserted extra line breaks by hitting the enter key, and even though you backspace over them the line breaks don't go away. The only way to fix this is to edit the HTML directly.
- Click the icon to get into HTML edit mode.
- Look for extra paragraph tags surrounding non-breaking-space entities. They look like this:
- Delete the extra tags.
- Save and preview to see the results.