Information Technology Center Lab
Table of Contents
- Lab Hours
- Printing Charges
- Additional Services
- Additional Policies
- Lab Manager
The Hannon Library Information Technology Center (ITC) serves current SOU students, faculty and staff with general software applications and research needs. The Electronic Classroom (EC) is used for library instruction and is open as a general lab between classes. For more information contact the ITC at 552-6848 or visit the Hannon Library ITC web page.
First floor of the Hannon Library.
The ITC is open whenever the Hannon Library is open. Hannon Library Hours
- 35 - Windows XP SP2, AMD Athlon 2600+, 19" LCD Monitor, CD-RW and DVD-ROM.
- 1 - Windows XP SP2, AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 19" LCD Monitor, CD-RW and DVD-ROM (Assistive Technology Workstation).
- 2 - HP Laserjet 8150.
- 1 - HP Business Inkjet 2800 Color.
- 1 - HP 4070 Scanner.
- 1 - HP 5550 Scanner.
- Sony Soloist Digital PC Comparative Recorder Software.
Black & White Printing
- Single sided Black & White printers charge $0.05 per page.
- Duplex (double sided) printers charge $0.05 per side.
- The names of these printers end with "Pay".
- Single sided Color printers charge $0.25 per page.
- Transparencies are available for purchase at the Circulation Desk.
Assistive Technology on Windows
Aside from providing ZoomText Xtra 8.1 on all Windows machines, we have a workstation specially setup with assistive technology software and headphones. The software is:
- Dragon Naturally Speaking 6.1: Voice recognition software
- Kurzweil 3000: Text-to-Speech software
- Inspiration 7.5:Helps userorganize ideas and concepts in user-friendly interface.
- Victor Reader Soft 1.5.7: a computer software application for reading the NISO/DAISY format digital books.
- JAWS 5.1: A popular screen reader that allows information from the screen to be read aloud.
- Read and Write 5: An alternative to the JAWS 5.1 screen reader software.
We have 3 language stations that are designed for use in language learning.
- Sony Soloist Digital PC Comparative Recorder Software: Software application allows students to listen to a sound file and record their own voice at the same time.
- Librarian assistance for research questions.
Please refrain from using the scanner stations if you aren't using the scanner.
- If you have children with you, we ask that they are always under supervision and not occupying lab computers for play.
- No cell phone use.
Hannon Library LI 314