IT Services for Faculty and Staff
The SOU Information Technology (IT) department provides a wide range of information resources and technology services to SOU Faculty and Staff:
- Faculty/Staff Help Desk for technical support one-stop shopping.
- Group and individualized training.
- Lab and Technology Equipped Classroom support.
- Setup and repair services for computers and printers.
- Mobile technology support including laptops, PDA’s, and cell phones.
- Moodle E-learning system and distance learning technologies.
- Media equipment checkout and setup for large events.
- Programming for institutional databases including the student information system.
- Email and network services including a large library of software, network storage, backup, and printing.
- Wired network infrastructure and wireless network that covers most of the Ashland campus.
- Telecommunications systems.
- Consulting services for academic and administrative departments to assist in planning for the information systems needed for campus operations.