International Transfer Admissions
To be admitted to SOU as an international transfer student, you will need to have the following qualifications:
- 2.25 Overall Transfer GPA with at least 1 year of university/college level coursework equivalent to 36 quarter credit hours or 24 semester credit hours.
- 68 TOEFL IBT or 5.5 IELTS, or complete the equivalent of SOU's English Composition* and English Composition I** with a B- grade or higher. Students with a completed Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science Degree are exempt from TOEFL/IELTS.
To apply to SOU, you must complete the following steps:
- Fill out the Online International Application and pay the $60 Application Fee.
- Submit your official transcripts to the SOU Office of Admissions.
- Send your official TOEFL or IELTS scores.
Required Transfer Forms
After you have been admitted to SOU, you are required to submit the following forms in order to transfer your SEVIS record to SOU and receive your SOU I-20 Form:
- Prospective International Student Information.
- Majors available at SOU.
- List of SOU Student Resources.