Office of International Programs
Study Abroad at the University of Winchester, England!
SOU's study abroad program with the University of Winchester (UW) is perfect for those who seek a cultural experience in the U.K. with strong academics. Study abroad students at UW have the opportunity to take regular university classes with their British classmates. UW is especially strong in the humanities and liberal arts, so it's an excellent choice for many liberal arts students.
- Fall: September 20 - December 16, 2011
- Winter & Spring: January 13 - May 4, 2012
SOU's application process, forms and checklist in Application Process and Forms
Winchester Overview - Please read through the pertinent section of this website, which include the following important information: Winchester Application Forms*, Important Dates, Int'l Student Handbook, Airport Pickup Info, Module listings, post-arrival info, and your contact at UW.
- Strong academics - UW has a reputation for excellent academics and the classes are often challenging and thought-provoking. Make sure you keep up with your reading! SOU students report that they learn a lot from their UW professors.
- Integrated classes - Since there's no language barrier, you are able to take regular university classes. It's a great opportunity to learn about intercultural communication and perspective.
- Program costs - Each fall, SOU can send at least two students on "direct exchange," meaning they pay regular SOU tuition/fees and pay living expenses at UW. We are able to send other students at a special discounted rate. Come into the office for more information on budgeting!
- Arrival Info - SOU participants are strongly encouraged to fly into Heathrow International airport on the specific arrival date set by University of Winchester. Students must notify UW (and SOU International Programs) of their complete flight itinerary and request pick up for the coach (bus) service. The first week at UW is orientation to facilitate your settling in and learning about your new home.