Goals and Initiatives
- Strengthen the institutional commitment to international activities at SOU through administrative and faculty leadership, procurement and priority allocation of resources, and increased communication of SOU's mission of "international engagement."
- Increase opportunities for SOU students to develop cross-cultural understanding and multicultural awareness through advising that encourages "international engagement" through foreign language study, international experience and other vital focused academic programs.
- Increase opportunities for SOU students to develop cross-cultural understanding and multicultural awareness by expanding study abroad possibilities and encouraging development of a diverse community that includes international students.
- Encourage SOU faculty, administrators, and staff to engage in international teaching, scholarship, and professional development; increase the number of international scholars who contribute to the SOU community.
- Increase collaboration with regional partners to enhance international and multi-cultural activities and interests.