- The Residence Hall Association (RHA) provides leadership by representing the voice of all on-campus students. Through RHA, students may get involved in a number of leadership positions, committees, or regional and international leadership opportunities. To find out more ways to become involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH) is an honorary organization for residential student leaders, highlighting the four pillars of leadership, recognition, service, and scholastics. To find out more ways to become involved, email NRHH at SOUNRHH@gmail.com.
- Each residence hall (Greensprings, McLoughlin, and Shasta) has an Area Council that is elected at the beginning of each academic year. Each elected council consists of 5-7 residents that make up the Area Council Executive Board. These students are tasked with creating an engaging community through the implementation of social and educational programming in the residence halls, with the assistance of their advisor(s). The executive board members work very closely with the Residence Hall Association, and is often a stepping stone to other leadership opportunities in University Housing. If you are interested in getting involved or have questions please contact the Area Council Advisor, Thomas Arce at email@example.com.
Apply to be a Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Assistants are student positions designed to keep the residence halls a safe, healthy, and fun place for all residential students. RAs facilitate programming and events in the residence halls, assist with maintenance issues, help promote community standards and a safe living environment, and serve as a resource for a variety of resident inquiries. Leadership, creativity, and initiative are just some of the qualities that can help make a great RA. Being an RA is a fun and unique experience that provides solid opportunities to connect with the campus community.
Apply to be a Conference Assistant (CA)
- Conference Assistants are a combination of a concierge and an event coordinator. CA’s represent Southern Oregon University by acting as a liaison between the conference office and the guest. Customer service is always our top priority. A solid ability to relate with all kinds of people (in different situations and at odd hours) is an essential prerequisite, as is a good sense of humor, the ability to organize work, and budget time.