The annual Governor's State Employees Food Drive is the largest food drive benefiting the Oregon Food Bank Network. All food collected and all funds raised by the food drive stay in our local Rogue Valley community. SOU plays a special role in this drive every year:
- In 2009, SOU collected 116 pounds of food
- In 2010, SOU collected 13,387 pounds of food, bringing us up to 4th place among all OUS universities!
- In 2011, SOU collected 25,354 pounds of food, almost doubling the amoung from 2010 and bringing us up to 3rd place.
In order to keep the momentum going, we need YOUR help! See below how you can assist:
- Drop off food items at one of the many donation barrels (and boxes) located around campus
- Sign up for payroll direct deposit. Please print and fill out the following form and send it to Enrollment Services, c/o Katrina Simpson or Family Housing, c/o Daniel Tharp - direct deposit form
- Donate cash, check or spare change! Make checks payable to Access and bring or send to Enrollment Services, c/o Katrina Simpson or Family Housing, c/o Daniel Tharp. You may also come and find us tabling during lunch time in the Stevenson Union. $1 = 5 lbs of food!
- Employees: Meet the Governor's Challenge: donate atleast $12 a month for 12 months or a 1 time donation of $144. This equates to 720 pounds of food for needy families in our community.
If you have any other questions on how you may help with the SOU Food Drive, please call Katrina Simpson at 541-552-6602 or Daniel Tharp at 541-552-7013