Your History and Political Science Department faculty advisor is here to help you with your academic and career planning as you work toward completing your baccalaureate degree. You should see your advisor often, but you will be required to see him or her to discuss and have your Junior and Senior Plans approved.
Creating and filing your Junior and Senior plans is easy. Here is a seven-step process for getting this requirement out of the way.
1. Review your progress toward fulfilling SOU general education requirements. The Access Center has worksheets to guide this review.
2. Review your progress toward completion of your History Major requirements. Click here for a useful worksheet.
3. Create a tentative plan for the next three academic terms. Include all your courses, not just History. You can find the JR and SR Plan worksheet here.
4. Make an appointment with your History advisor.
5. Advisors are assigned according to your last name: A-G: Carney; H-M: Harrison; N-O: Mullen; P-Z: Sundwick
6. Bring all your worksheets with you when you see your advisor. Being prepared beforehand will make the most of the appointment.
7. After discussion and approval, your advisor will sign your JR or SR plan and give you a copy. Once the SIS system is updated, you’ll be set.
8. Keep in touch with your advisor. It’s a really good idea.