Healthy Campus Initiative
Tobacco-Free Campus Project
Education • Support • Respect
The tobacco-free task force is comprised of students, faculty, staff, and community members who implement educational programs around the use of tobacco products.
Specifically, we work to engage the entire campus community through civil and respectful dialogue and program participation while offering support to all members.
As a result of the tobacco-free education campaign students, faculty and staff will:
- Maintain and develop mutual respect for all community members.
- Have opportunities to examine tobacco’s global implications on society while incorporating discussion related to the campus theme.
- Support one another in our mission to promote wellness without judgment.
- Discuss misconceptions regarding smoking, reduce perceived peer/environmental pressure to smoke, and heighten awareness of negative attitudes towards smoking.
- Offer suggestions on and participate in support/cessation programs that will be offered to the campus.
- Become aware of resources currently available at SOU for those members of our community who want to stop using tobacco.
- Become more conscientious about current rules regarding smoking on campus.