You must go to this MYHEALTH link to fill out your measles verification form:
In order to provide the Student Health and Wellness Center with your measles vaccine information and to avoid a hold on your account, you must go to the above MYHEALTH site to enter the information on the form electronically. We do not need a copy of your vaccine record submitted to the health center.
According to Oregon law, every entering SOU student born on or after January 1, 1957 and taking at least 9 undergraduate or graduate credits must show proof of immunity to Rubeola (hard measles).
You may do so if you can document vaccination history either by:
- Having had two vaccinations against measles (or MMR). The first vaccine needs to be on or after you first birthday and the second measles vaccine must be at least one month after your first measles vaccine
- Having had a second measles (or MMR) vaccination on or after December 1989, if you were born prior to December 1984 and do not know the date of your first vaccine.
You may have to get a measles vaccination in order to satisfy the Oregon Law requirement. If you do not provide the required proof of your measles immunizations or immunity to measles a HOLD will be placed on your account and you will not be allowed to register for classes at SOU for any term after your first full term.
You may be exempted from this requirement for certain reasons. These include:
- You are a distance learner and enrolled in only online courses.
- Your birth date is before Jan 1, 1957
- You have a medical exemption because you have a titer that shows that you are immune.
- You have a medical reason for not receiving the immunization and have a medical provider’s note stating this reason (e.g. anaphylactic reaction, pregnancy).
- You have had hard measles (Rubeola) and have a medical provider’s note or a titer that proves your immunity.
- You have a Non-Medical reason for refusing the vaccine, and you have a signed Vaccine Education Certificate from the Oregon Department of Health either from a medical provider or from completing the online educational module through the Oregon Department of Health at healthoregon.org/vaccineexemption.
Note if you have exemption 3, 4, 5, or 6: you will need to fax or bring in documentation of this exemption to the SOU Health Center (provider’s note, titer, or education certificate) before you can be cleared for registration.