- Oregon Environmental Council
- The World Resource Institute
- http://oregon.greenjobs.net/ - Provides resources and green jobs available in Oregon
- USAJobs.gov- check out the Students and Recent Grads section and the Federal Jobs by College Major for a listing of job titles related to your major.
- Conservation Job Board - a natural resource career website that lists the latest jobs in forestry, wildlife, fisheries, ecology and other fields related to natural resources.
- American Fisheries Society - lists professional positions nationwide.
- Cool Works - lists jobs in national parks, state parks, resorts, and amusement parks.
- Environmental Jobs and Careers - lists professional positions in the environmental field.
- GIS Jobs Clearinghouse- offers professional resources and job listings in geographic information systems.
- National Registry of Environmental Professionals- provides resources, jobs, and links for environmental professionals.
- Student Conservation Association - Seasonal work & internship opportunities are offered in all 50 states.
- USDA Forest Service - provides resources, jobs, and information about careers in the Forest Service.
- Great Green Careers
- United States Environmental Protection Agency
- Eco Jobs
- Ecological Society of America
- Environmental Jobs by State
- Environmental Career Opportunities
- Green Collar Blog
- Sierra Club
- Cherokee Nation Government Solutions
- EHS Careers
- Sustainable Business
- Natural Resources Job Search
- Water Jobs
- Water Environment Federation Job Bank
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
- WWF Job Opportunities in Conservation
- Conservation Job Board
- Environmental Careers Organization
- Environmental Organization Web Directory & Employment
- Environmental Jobs and Careers - http://www.ejobs.org/
- Environmental Career Opportunities - Ecojobs
- Society of American Foresters
- Global Association of Online Foresters
- Conservation Job Board - Oregon
- http://www.indeed.com/ - Job Search
- http://www.cyber-sierra.com/nrjobs/enviro.html - CyberSierra
- http://www.rainforest-alliance.org/about/business-practices?gclid=CJjj6omQuLwCFVJcfgodpxgA8w - Rainforest Alliance
- http://www.jobs-to-careers.com/index3.php - Jobs 2 Careers
- http://elpc.org/category/jobs?gclid=CLG6sbuQuLwCFc5hfgod9mkAOA - Environmental Law and Policy Center
- http://www.ehscareers.com/environmental-jobs.cfm?gclid=CNu_08iQuLwCFdNrfgodhXMAFQ - EHSCareers.com
- http://www.monster.com/ - Monster.com
- https://netimpact.org/careers - Net Impact
- http://www.environmental-jobs.com/jobs/ - Environmental Internships
- www.environmentalscience.org - EnvironmentalScience.Org
This is an online database with links to environmental jobs in various fields of study including environmental policy, legislation, international environmental jobs, conservation and natural resource jobs, environmental advocacy and environmental education. In order to get access to all job opportunities you must pay a monthly fee. The job offers posted on the web each had links to contact information. I would be willing to pay to have access to this site because of all of the variety of environmental jobs posted.
This is another comprehensive online database with links to environmental jobs in natural resources, such as forestry, wildlife biology, natural resource management, watersheds, non-profit organizations and government organizations. Within each category, you can search for jobs in any region, or search for jobs by specific state. This website is a free comprehensive search engine for environmental jobs. There is much more of a focus on environmental science and biology on this site, however there are job opportunities for those with a concentration in the humanities or social sciences.
This is another free comprehensive job search with links to a wide variety of fields including government positions, non-profit organizations, environmental services and private businesses. There is a map on the site where you are able to search for a wide variety of jobs by state and province. There are also links to resume tips, and career services.
Environmental Policy and Planning are fast-growing fields that largely deal with the administrative aspects of environmental preservation and management. However, both career paths are involved in different parts of the process.
The Environmental Policy field centers around the alternation of public policy and social institutions that influence the way we manage the environment and our natural resources. By researching scientific data and current legislation Environmental Policy makers create new laws and legal standards that will better serve shifting environmental demands.
Environmental Planning careers create programs that use land more efficiently with minimal damage to the surrounding environment. They often focus on the use of natural resources and attempt to predict any risks or problems that may arise, and then create plans to combat these risks.
This is a website with links to at least twenty other search engines in the field of environmental studies. There are also links to resume tips and application suggestions all related to specific fields. There were several listings for jobs applying to those in the field of chemistry. This is a strong site for those in the fields of biology, chemistry, political science, peace studies and management. This would be a wonderful place to start a search for a career in the field of environmental studies.
This is a regional, Minnesota-specific search site primarily focused on environmental education opportunities and resources. It is regularly updated to provide listings of regional environmental news, jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities. It also provides links to sister sites and a calendar of events.
The Student Conservation Association is an organization which provides students with conservation service opportunities, and outdoor leadership training and education for young adults. The mission of the SCA is to provide the next generation with a group of conservationists to continue to educate the public about the importance of preserving the natural world. Internships can be searched by length, location and field of study. There are several opportunities in a wide variety of fields.
This is an organization and project through the Fund for Public Interest Research. This organization works in cooperation with national non-profit organizations such as Greenpeace and the Sierra Club to raise public interest and awareness to environmental issues. This is a wonderful job opportunity for political science and environmental studies majors. It is also good for those who are interested in educating citizens about the importance of environmental issues.
The Nature Conservancy is an environmental organization involved in protecting and preserving the lands of both the United States and the world through conservation and education. The Nature Conservancy has a large database of new jobs within organization. Jobs apply to those majoring in, management, communications, biology, political science and environmental studies. There are combinations of short-term jobs, internships as well as careers posted on the website. There are hundreds of job opportunities in the United States, as well as abroad. You are also to search for jobs by location on this website.
The World Wildlife Fund in an international organization committed to conservation and preserving the natural world. The WWF has played a major role in the international conservation movement with over 5 million supporters and 28 offices worldwide. There are several international job opportunities through this organization including jobs in Canada, Australia, China, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. Jobs can be searched by location and apply to those with backgrounds in a wide variety of fields.
The Orion Grassroots Network is a organization composed of over 500 grassroots organizations nationwide. The OGN is committed to grassroots environmental change through conservation, education, restoration and environmental justice. There are job opportunities in a wide variety of fields including administration, advocacy, conservation, education, farming and agriculture, fundraising, journalism, law, outreach and research. Jobs can be searched by state and field desired.
The World Resource Institute is an independent research and policy environmental think tank working to find practical ways to protect the environment and improve the lives of citizens.
Federal Government Positions
There are numerous opportunities for employment through this government agency applying to individuals in a large variety of majors including management, natural resource management, economics, political science, communications, biology and chemistry.
EPA Careers : This additional site is also a part of the EPA and it has a database of all available positions across the country. Individuals are given the opportunity to register themselves and post resumes to apply for specific jobs. There is also an option to simply browse the posted jobs before registering into the system. There are numerous opportunities for employment in a wide variety of fields.
This site has a much more specific focus. There are links to those interested in working for the park service as a park ranger, being a member of administrative staff, the US park police, as well as trade, maintenance and craft. There are separate requirements for each of these positions, and salaries are listed with reference to qualifications of the individual. The majority of jobs listed on this site would apply to biology majors, although other majors are welcome to apply to various positions. There is also a need for research scientists within the parks to ensure the progression and safety of various ecosystems and habitats.
The BLM is an agency within the U.S. Department of the Interior, which administers approximately 265 million acres of public lands. The BLM offers careers in the forest service and fire program services. The fire program employs both permanent and seasonal job opportunities, and there are a wide variety of positions within the fire program. There are about 10,000 jobs in the BLM today, and over 20,000 volunteers. The BLM is a wonderful opportunity to start a career directly related to protecting and preserving the nation’s public lands. Most jobs are offered in the western states, where the majority of BLM lands are located. The site offers links to several job opportunities and information about the BLM.
The United States Forest Service is an agency within the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The forest service is responsible for managing the nation’s national forests. There are currently full time positions and temporary positions available in the USFS. The majority of jobs available are related to fire prevention and management programs. However, there are links on the site to other jobs within the Department of the Interior.
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is an agency within the U.S. Department of the Interior. There were no direct links to available jobs on this website. However, individual jobs are posted on the website as they become available. Currently, there are 24 positions available through the Department of the Interior in the Office of Law Enforcement. Duties include the protection of fish and wildlife areas, and control of human activities within these areas. This is not a strong site to search for jobs generally. The jobs posted are fairly specific.
This is a website from a company based in the United Kingdom. There are various opportunities offered through the website, although they are located for the most part, in the UK. This is a great resource for those wishing to explore careers abroad. The website is updated once a week, and there are hundreds of jobs listed alphabetically. You also have the option of entering in your information and searching that way.