Important Information about E-Mail Notifications
SOU will be sending you, via e-mail, time-sensitive and secure (authenticated by Verisign) information which will require your attention. Check your e-mail frequently (at least weekly) for messages from our office, even if you are not expecting e-mail from us.
Where will the e-mail notifications be sent?
- Before arriving on campus: the e-mail address provided on your FAFSA (if you have not listed an e-mail address on your FAFSA, a hard copy letter will be mailed to you through the U.S. mail).
- After you start at SOU: your SOU e-mail address and a personal email, if you provide one to us.
What kind of information will be sent via e-mail?
- Requests for information,
- Notification of your financial aid offer,
- Revisions to your original aid offer,
- Reminder to complete loan promissory note(s),
- Reminder to complete loan entrance counseling,
- Special deadline dates related to scholarships, FAFSA filing and loan exit counseling.
If you received an e-mail message saying to go to SOU Financial Aid Online – what is this and how do you access it?
SOU Financial Aid Online is a self-service system designed to allow students easy access to their SOU financial aid records including file status, the ability to accept or decline awards and messages providing timely, round-the-clock access from any location.
To access it:
- Enter your Student ID.
- Enter your PIN to access your record (this is the PIN for the SOU Financial Aid Online system only - it is NOT the Federal FAFSA pin or the SIS Web pin). You can click the 'Forgot your PIN' link to reset your PIN if you've forgotten it.
- Choose the academic year you wish to view