Dual Endorsement Program
Currently licensed teachers can add the Special Education endorsement through SOU's Dual Endorsement Program. The majority of courses are delivered in a hybrid format, online and four face-to-face meetings on the weekends during the fall and winter terms. This is an excellent opportunity for inservice teachers to add this valuable endorsement to their current license. Admission into the program is limited to summer and winter terms.
- This 36-credit endorsement can be either the elementary or secondary level; the contiguous level may be added after completing the primary level program.
- Flexible structure allows students to complete the program in three to four terms or to take a course-a-term approach
- Some courses are offered as optional face-to-face summer courses on the SOU campus or as online courses
- Regular term courses are presented in a hybrid model (online with four Friday or Saturday sessions each term)
- Endorsement can be completed while teaching in either a special education or general education setting. Those in a general education setting must receive district approval.
- Endorsement can be incorporated into the Master of Education program.
- Students need to apply to the School of Education graduate program and Southern Oregon University Graduate School.
- Students who have graduated from SOU's Master of Arts in Teaching or are currently registered in a graduate program will not need to reapply to the SOU Graduate School.
- Program of study
- Dual Candidates Handbook
- Contact the program advisor - Dr Gregg Gassman (541-552-6095, email@example.com) to develop program of study