Distance Learning Registration Information
-Current SOU student - register online through MySOU.
-Former Students (since 1990) - at MySOU, skip the login screen and scroll to the third box on the left - "Alumni & Former Students". At the bottom of this section, click "Login to SIS web".
-Not admitted to SOU (or prior to 1990) - To create a non-admit account at SOU, complete the electronic form at the Admissions website. They will send you an email alerting you that your account has been created.
-To register for classes - the day after you receive the email from ESC your student account will have been created in Banner:
-- Go to SIS web (Student Information System)
-- Scroll down the page to "Former Student Login" icon
-- Your user name is your SSN and your password is your DOB (mmddyy)
-- You will need to change your password from your DOB and create a challenge question
-- Now, walk through the screens to access the registration screen (you will need the crn - course reference number - to register)
If you have problems accessing your account - call the ESC at 541-552-6600 (#2 on the phone tree).
-To access your online course - overnight, your MySOU account will be created - this is the portal that creates the access to Moodle and your online course
- go to http://my.sou.edu
- At this time, don't use the login screen
- In the second box on the right side (Account Help), click on "Students-Activate your Account"
- This will take you to a screen - enter the information requested
- Click submit
- This will take you to a page with your user name and directions on creating your password
- You will also have a challenge question - this will allow you to reset your password if you forget it
- Write this information somewhere so you can find it if you forget it
- NOW, go back to http://my.sou.edu and enter your user name and password that you just created
- Now that you are in the portal, you can access your online courses
- Click on Moodle on the top, right side of the page
- A new window should open that says "Welcome Your Name" on the left side
- Classes you are enrolled in are listed on the right side, click the class you want to enter
For assistance, contact K.C. Sam at 1-541-552-6936.