Holistic Teaching & Learning Conference- Ashland
Hosted by the School of Education at Southern Oregon University in Ashland, Oregon (USA)
Nourishing the Soul of Education
Friday, September 19 - September 21, 2014, with a pre-conference option
Holistic education is concerned with connections in human experience - connections between mind and body, between linear thinking and intuitive ways of knowing, between individual and community, and between the personal self and the transpersonal self. ~Jack Miller
- Keynote and breakout sessions, demonstrations, plenary strands, and interactive events;
- Inclusive gathering of educators from many realms of holistic practice, pre-K through post-secondary;
- Diverse and inspiring range of approaches that engage emotional, social, intellectual, physical, creative, artistic, and spiritual potential;
- Sessions scheduled to run all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday until 1pm;
- Core reflection workshop will be offered as a pre-conference option.
Please refer back to this website regularly. You will find continuously updated information, including program details.
How can holistic teaching and learning be a catalyst for positive change in education?
This conference addresses a critical need for holistic educators to support one another in envisioning a more humane, loving form of teaching and learning than is currently being promoted in narrow, high-stakes policies. We are drawing on the wisdom and leadership of inspiring educators and featuring a variety of holistic schools and programs.
You are warmly invited to attend and participate in:
- Extraordinary educational perspectives presented by a spectrum of holistic presenters, domestic and international;
- On-site visitations to local classrooms and schools following holistic principles;
- Experiential learning through examples of holistic and contemplative teaching practices;
- Interactive formats to maximize collegial connections, collaboration, and professional inquiry;
- Possibilities to engage in curriculum, program, and policy development;
- Opportunities to deepen awareness of our own human potential as teachers and learners.