Admission Requirements and Application
Students must possess a BA/BS Degree or a Master's degree and an Oregon teaching license to enroll in ESOL endorsement courses. Up to 12 credits can be taken before admittance into the School of Education and the Graduate School of Southern Oregon University.
Students must also qualify with a minimum GPA of 2.5 in their last 90 quarter (60 semester) hours of undergraduate work.
Students that have completed their MAT or MEd at SOU do not need to reapply to the University, only to the School of Education.
Complete and submit to the Admissions Office:
- The Application for Graduate Studies at SOU (see Admissions site) along with the $60 fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended (showing proof of receipt of a Bachelor's degree).
Department of Education Requirements
Applicants must meet the university admissions criteria and submit the following to the Education Department:
- Departmental Application
- Answers to the TSPC Character Questions
- A copy of current Oregon or out of state teaching license
- Verification of Basic Skills form (along with test score report)
- Two favorable letters of recommendation from immediate supervisors employed by educational or social agencies attesting to the applicant's competence to work with school-aged children or youth in volunteer or paid work experiences.