Disability Achievement Pride Leadership Advocacy Education
Delta Alpha Pi is a national honor society for post-secondary students with disabilities.
There are over 88 chapters all over the U.S.
Southern Oregon University is proud to be the home of the Chi chapter.
Because of the negative stereotyping associated with disability, students have been reluctant to identify themselves publicly.
Delta Alpha Pi Honor Society presents an opportunity to change that perception by recognizing students with disabilities for their academic accomplishments.
In addition, this honor society facilitates development of skills in leadership, advocacy and education for participating students.
Delta Alpha Pi Honor Society is open to undergraduate and graduate students who meeting the criteria listed below. All students who are being initiated into Delta Alpha Pi Honor Society have met the following criteria:
- Present with a documented disability and work with one of the staff members in the Disability Resources
- Demonstrate an interest in disability issues.
- Completed a minimum of 24 credits
- Maintained an overall Grade Point Average of 3.10.
- Completed a minimum of 18 credits
- Maintained an overall Grade Point Average of 3.30.
Advisor: Shawn Foster