To register for courses, you will use the SOU Student Information System, SISWeb (also known as Banner Self Service). For assistance with logging into MySOU or SISWeb, contact the SOU Student Help Desk at (541) 552-6900 or email@example.com. For assistance with SISWeb procedures, contact Enrollment Services at (541) 552-6600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check the current Registration Timetable to see when you may register for courses. Even if the timetable indicates that you may register for courses on or after a certain date, some factors may prevent you from doing so. (See Status and Holds.)
Note: If you are an admitted student, you are required to meet with your major advisor to develop your advising plan prior to registering for classes. You do NOT have to come to campus for this meeting. Your program coordinator can put you in touch with your major advisor.
In order to access your online courses, you will need to activate your network account. Network accounts are created as follows:
- Non-Admitted Students — Your network account is created one business day after you submit your non-admit application. (If you complete your application after 6:15pm, you will have to wait one additional day.)
- New students formally admitted to SOU — Your network account is created after your deposit is received.
- Returning students not enrolled for more than one term — Unless an exception has been granted, your network account is disabled four weeks into a term if you are not currently registered for classes; if you have not been registered for classes for over a year, the account is deleted. Another network account is created one business day after you register for courses. (If you register after 6:15pm, you will have to wait one additional day.) Note that your new user name may or may not be the same as your previous user name.
The steps for accessing SISWeb and obtaining a network account will depend on your status. Click on a link below to see the applicable procedure.
- SISWeb Instructions for Newly Admitted Students-PDF
These instructions are for new degree-seeking students who have applied and been formally admitted to the University.
- SISWeb Instructions for Current Students-PDF
These instructions apply if you are already taking courses this term or were enrolled during the most recent term.
- SISWeb Instructions for Returning Students-PDF
Follow these instructions if you were enrolled in courses at SOU during a prior term, but were not enrolled during the most recent term.
- SISWeb Instructions for Non-Admitted Students-PDF
Follow these instructions if you submitted an online application for non-admitted status. Non-admitted students will not obtain a degree from SOU, but may register for up to 8 credit hours classes per term.
After you have activated your account and checked that you are eligible to register for courses:
- Log into SISWeb.
- Click on the Add or Drop Classes link in the Registration Tools box (in MySOU/Student SISWeb)
Click on Student and Financial Aid > Registration > Add or Drop Classes.
- Select the desired term from the drop-down list and click on Submit.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen. For additional information, including an explanation of errors, see the Add/Drop Help page. (You can get to the Help page through the link at the top right corner of the Add/Drop Classes page.)
Note: For detailed instructions, see either of the following:
For assistance with SISWeb, contact Enrollment Services at (541) 552-6600 or email@example.com.
A number of factors may prevent you from registering for classes or making changes to your registration. To check your registration status:
- Log into SISWeb (see the Activate Your Account page if you have not yet logged into SISWeb).
- Click on the Registration Status link in the Registration Tools box (second column of MySOU on the Student SISWeb tab).
Click on Student and Financial Aid > Registration > Registration Status.
- Select a term and click on Submit.
- Click on the View Holds link at the bottom of the Registration Status page to see what holds are on your account.
- If you have any holds, see the View Holds Help Page for an explanation of the hold and how to resolve it. (You can get to the Help page through the link at the top right corner of the View Holds page.)
Note: For detailed illustrated instructions, see one of the following: