When you search for courses using the SOU Class Schedule, online courses are identified in green text. You can use the Advanced Search feature to limit your search to courses delivered online (details below). Be sure to consult the Fnote (footnotes) column for special information about a course such as special requirements, meeting dates, or other important details. Courses and fees are subject to change.
In compliance with USDOE regulations, current and prospective students can find information about state authorization status and complaint processes on this page.
NOTE ABOUT STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE: Student Health Insurance coverage is voluntary. All full-time students (enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits for undergraduates or 9 credits for graduate students) are eligible to enroll in this insurance plan. To be eligible for this insurance, online coursework may only account for up to half of the credits required to meet full-time status. All International students are automatically enrolled in this insurance plan at registration, unless proof of comparable coverage is furnished.
To search for online, hybrid or two-way video courses:
- Click on the Quicklinks drop-down menu on the SOU Home Page and select Class Schedule (or go directly to SOU Class Schedule).
- On the Class Schedule page, click on the Advanced Search button.
- Select the Term (A) and Subject (B).
- Under Delivery Method (C in the last column), select Online, Hybrid, or Two-way video, as applicable.
- Set any other desired options, then click on Search (D).
- Courses that match the criteria you selected will appear. For each course that you're interested in, note the numbers in the Fnote column. Click on a number to open the Footnotes page, which lists footnotes for all courses, to review the special notes for the course.
- Make a note of the four-digit course reference number (CRN) of each course in which you would like to enroll.