The Innovation and Leadership degree is a multidisciplinary bachelor's degree completion program for working professionals who are emerging and developing leaders within their organizations. Classes are accelerated and hybrid, scheduled in 5-week modules with class both in person, one night a week in Medford, and online. The sixteen courses of the major are offered over a 21 month period and include courses from Business, Communications and Psychology. The degree reflects the realities of leadership in today's workplace by offering courses such as: Digital Portfolios, Negotiation, Conflict Management, Group Dynamics, Creative Thinking, Applied Business Research, IT Ethical and Legal Issues and Entrepreneurships in Organizations. You can find the program outcomes listed Here. This program supports use of credit for prior learning (CPL) as part of meeting general education, program pre-requisites, and elective requirements. The next cycle of courses will begin during the summer of 2016. The full list of courses and dates can be found Here. If students wish to enter the program at a different time, they should contact the Program Coordinator to discuss other flexible entry points. The Innovation and Leadership courses cost $225 per credit with no additional student fees attached.
Innovation and Leadership is for people who have:
- One to two years of previous college experience;
- At least five years of work experience beyond the entry level; and
- A desire to lead, innovate, collaborate, and think creatively.
How to apply: You must first be admitted to the University. Please contact the Office of Admissions. In your admission application indicate that you want to be in the Innovation & Leadership (INL) program. Once admitted to the University, you will be invited to apply to INL. The process is simple:
- Fill out the short application. INL application in pdf format
- Write a short (max 500 words) statement addressing how this program relates to your career goals, and how your prior work and educational experience will contribute to a rich learning environment in the classroom.
- Submit the application, written statement, and your current resume as directed on the application.
For more information and/or an initial academic advising appointment, contact us at: