- Complete an SOU Application
- You may either use our online application or mail us a paper application. There is a $50 non-refundable application fee. If you qualify, you may wish to defer the $50 application fee until you enroll for classes. To see if you qualify, complete the deferral form.
- Have Official College Transcripts Sent
- SOU needs official transcripts for every college, university, and community college you have attended. We consider transcripts to be official if they arrive in an original sealed envelope. The best bet is to have each institution send us a transcript directly.
- If You Have Military Transcripts, send those too. You may be awarded college credit for educational experience obtained in the military.
- The address to send transcripts: Office of Admissions, 1250 Siskiyou Blvd., Ashland, OR 97520
- If you have less than 36 total transferable quarter credit hours (24 semester hours), you meet the freshman admissions requirements as well. Please see freshman admission requirements.
- Second Language Requirement: If you graduated from high school from 1997 on, you are required to have a foreign language experience. To find out more about this requirement and how the proficiency may be met, click here.
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- You must submit a FAFSA to be considered for financial aid at SOU. This form is available at schools, libraries, and online.
- Our FAFSA school code is 003219.
- Also apply on-line for SOU scholarships.
- Applications are processed and evaluated on a rolling basis with no deadline for Undergraduate Admission. We encourage students to apply early (prior to February 1) as financial aid packaging and opportunity for selection of Fall classes can be improved. Applicants will continue to be admitted to the university throughout the year
For more information, contact the SOU Office of Admissions at (541) 552-6411 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org