Professional Development For Teachers
Southern Oregon University has a long history of providing professional development opportunities for the region’s classroom teachers as well as Master's degrees for teachers from all over the United States in special fields such as theatre, music and Spanish. Check out the links below for more information on these programs, courses and activities.
For Current Teachers – 2016 Summer Institutes!
Short, focused professional development opportunities for teachers. Some institutes are part of SOU’s summer class schedule; some are offered in partnership with other organizations; and some are primarily non-credit workshops with an option for academic credit. Click here for the full list of summer institutes; please read carefully for instructions on how to register. Questions? Call Andrea Culbertson at 541-552-8150 or email email@example.com.
To Become a Teacher
- Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Development
- Part-time Master of Arts in Teaching - Initial Teaching License
- Full-time Master of Arts in Teaching - Initial Teaching License
- Special Education Master of Arts in Teaching - Initial Teaching License
- Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission’s new regulations require that licensed teachers continue their professional development and for more specific information on requirements, OAR, ORS, and CPD
- Oregon Department of Education
For more information on the SOU School of Education, visit the School’s website.