Below are some basic etiquette tips for socializing in a professional setting.
- Show up on time, ten minutes early is recommended.
- Turn off your cell phone.
- Place your name tag on the upper right side, toward your shoulder.
- Wear appropriate attire, clarify ahead of time.
- Use an official title (e.g., Dr. Rodriguez) when greeting someone.
- When introducing executives, begin with the highest ranking person (e.g., Ms. CEO, I would like you to meet Mr. Hiring Manager).
- Make sure that you hear the person