The mission of the School of Business is to prepare students for challenging, socially responsible careers in a dynamic, globally competitive business environment. As part of a regional comprehensive university, the Business School integrates a solid foundation in the liberal arts and sciences with the primary areas of business administration. The school emphasizes excellence in teaching, individualized advising, and flexible course scheduling. Programs are readily accessible to students through multiple locations and small class sizes that allow for significant interaction between professors and students.
Essentials of the Mission are:
- A Coherent, integrated curriculum within the functional areas of business emphasizing the increasingly global nature of the business environment, ethical conduct in business decision-making, and technological competency.
- A requirement that students show the ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and professional manner. These communication skills are demonstrated and refined through oral class presentations, written assignments, and the development of a comprehensive business plan that serves as a senior capstone project.
- A foundation in the liberal arts and sciences supplemented with a required non-business minor.
- A broad variety of related academic offerings including five business concentrations, four business co-majors, and six certificate programs.
- A requirement that students earn internship credit and engage in practical undergraduate research enhanced by ties between the School and community.
- Accessible programs available to all qualified students through day and evening courses offered both on and off campus and a comprehensive degree completion program.
- Faculty that reflect a balance between theory and practice, teaching and research, and service to the University and community.