Forms & Instructions
Payroll Office is located in Churchill Hall, Room 143.
Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM
Pay periods for Employees:
- Students: The 13th of the month through the 12th of the following month.
- Temp Support Staff: The 13th of the month through the 12th of the following month.
- Faculty, Admin, and Classified: The 1st of the month through the end of the month.
- Irregular Wage Appointments: Contracts due on the 15th of the month.
SOU has only one payday per month and it is always the last business day of the month.
Other Employee-Related Information:
For general information about Timesheets and Timesheet due dates, please see above PAYROLL "Timesheet Due Dates" [tab].
Direct Deposit - Please consider signing up for this banking service!
Using direct deposit automatically deposits your paycheck electronically and funds are available to you on payday. Direct deposit eliminates the need for you to come to the payroll office to pick up your check and keeps you from having to visit your bank to make the deposit yourself. In addition to this convenience for you, direct deposit is also a cost savings to the institution. To set up direct deposit, please fill out the Direct Deposit Enrollment form available online and at the Payroll office. You are required to attach a voided check or deposit slip. Your earning statements are available through Banner Self-Service.
On the SOU Home page [MY SOU "Student tab or Faculty/Staff tab"] you will want to become familiar with information available to you on . Using your SOU log in, you will have access to an array of payroll and related information pertinent to yourself. For example, the "Employee" folder provides you with information about Benefits and Deductions, Pay information including direct deposit allocation and earnings history, Tax Forms (W-2 earnings), Jobs Summary, Leave Balances and other Account information. Click here for Banner Self-Service (SISWeb) instructions.
Faculty Pay Option
Faculty employees can click here for information about the Faculty 12-Month Deferred Pay Plan option.
Please feel free to contact the Payroll Office if you have questions or require additional information about payroll services. Payroll Staff: SOU Business Services
Supervisors must review, verify, and sign completed timesheets and hour summaries. Once approved, please deliver by the deadline to the Service Center:
TO THE SERVICE CENTER: www.sou.edu/sc
2nd Workday of Next Month:
- Classified Salaried Timesheets
- Administrator Leave Records
13th of the Month:
- Student Timesheets
- Classified Temporary Timesheets
15th of the Month:
- Kronos Hour Summary
16th of the Month:
- Classified Hourly and Unclassified Hourly Timesheets
TO THE PAYROLL OFFICE:
15th of the Month (or before):
- Approved Irregular Employment Agreements (IEA)
- Approved Status Change Forms
- Approved PeopleAdmin New Hires and Change Actions
- Any Leave Without Pay Situations
Procedural Tips are saved here as Word Documents. This enables faculty/staff to reference payroll procedures and download them at any time.
Click on Topic heading below. Sorted by function; Presentations in alpha-order. You must be logged in to your SOU Gmail account in this browser in order to download these presentations.
- TK Talk Phone Procedures
- Self-Service Update Addresses and Phones
- Timesheet - audit for completeness