Skip Navigation

Southern Oregon University

ADMISSIONS            Freshman | Transfer | International | Graduate

adm FAQ header

When do I meet with an advisor and register for my classes?
After submitting their enrollment deposit, students enrolling in the fall will see an advisor and register for classes at one of our Raider Orientation Registration events. Students enrolling in the winter, spring, or summer terms will schedule an appointment with an advisor after submitting their enrollment deposit .

Where can I find a class schedule?
Class schedules for upcoming terms are available at .

Will I receive a catalog for my academic year?
In an effort to be a greener campus, SOU no longer prints catalogs. The catalog can be found on our website at

When do I know how much financial aid I will receive?
If you submitted your FAFSA , the Enrollment Services Center will contact you with award information, or request any further documentation if required.

When do I know how much I owe for tuition, and when do I submit payment?
You can view an estimated calculation of tuition and fees prior to registering for classes by using the tuition calculator . After you register, the Enrollment Services Center will mail a statement to you. If you have questions concerning your tuition statement or payment options, contact the Enrollment Services Center at 541-552-6600.

Which of my previous credits are transferable to SOU?
Newly-admitted students with college credit will receive an Advanced Standing Report (ASR), which lists the credits that transferred to SOU and how they were articulated. A transfer credit resource is also available on our website.

When will my residence hall room and roommate be assigned?
Room and roommate assignments are emailed out by the first week of August. Incoming students are typically allowed to move in the Thursday before classes begin. This date can change, so check your email for updates. If you have not yet submitted the housing application, start here.

When is my SOU email account activated?
Students beginning in the fall will receive their email information at Raider Orientation Registration. For all other terms, students will receive email information at their advising appointment.

Is there a convenient one-stop place where I can keep my administrative tasks in order?
MySOU is a helpful resource for SOU students to access their financial account, email, grades, class registration, transcript requests, and other campus information. Students will receive access to MySOU after submitting the enrollment deposit.

What is the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)?
WUE is a scholarship for select incoming students from the 14 western states.

My letter says I am a Non-Resident for tuition purposes; what does this mean?
This classification determines tuition. Out-of-state students receiving WUE or other tuition reduction scholarships will be classified as “Non-Resident”. For further questions concerning residency, start here.

I am a veteran or a dependent of a veteran; how do I access my benefits?
Our Veterans’ Representative is available in Academic Support Programs at 541-552-6213.

What support programs are available for students?
In addition to advising, Academic Support Programs provide services to students with learning differences or physical limitations, as well as first generation or low-income students who need academic assistance. Other types of support include math tutoring, a writing center, and study skills courses. For more information, visit .

Are there clubs and organizations I can be involved with on campus?
The SOU Student Life Team supports many clubs and organizations for students to join.