California/SOU Exchange Program
Are you a California resident who would like to pay Oregon state tuition?
Who Can Participate?
Transfer students who have attended College of the Siskiyous, College of the Redwoods or Shasta College, have earned the required number of credits and are California residents who do not have a bachelor's degree or the equivalent number of credits (180 or more) are eligible. Students on the California/SOU Exchange Program are not eligible for the WUE Scholarship Program.
Participating Colleges And Requirements:
- College of the Siskiyous: You must complete 30 transferable semester credits at College of the Siskiyous and meet the SOU admission standards.
- College of the Redwoods: You must complete 60 transferable semester credits at College of the Redwoods and meet the SOU admission standards.
- Shasta College: You must complete 30 transferable semester credits at Shasta College and meet the SOU admission standards.
How To Transfer:
When you are ready to transfer to SOU, submit a completed SOU application, $50 application fee, and all college transcripts. You should request an exchange permit from your California school to pay Oregon tuition at SOU.
Obtaining an exchange permit does not guarantee admission to SOU. Exchange students must meet the special admission requirements for this exchange program:
- Transfers without an AA or AS degree from College of the Siskiyous, College of the Redwoods or Shasta College must have a minimum 2.25 grade point average in all transfer course work.
- Transfers with an AA or AS degree from College of the Siskiyous, College of the Redwoods or Shasta College must have a minimum 2.0 grade point average.
- All high school graduates from 1997 or later must have completed 2 years of study in a second language in high school or, have completed 2 terms of a second language at the college level with a C- grade or better or, achieve satisfactory performance on an approved second language proficiency assessment.
Requirements For Remaining In Good Standing:
To remain in good standing in the exchange program you must fulfill all of these requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 12 credits each quarter on the Ashland and/or Medford campuses,
- Stay continuously enrolled Fall, Winter and Spring terms, and
- Remain a resident of California. (Driver's license, car registration, voter's registration etc. must remain in California.)
If you are approved for the California exchange program, you will be eligible to pay Oregon state rates for the remainder of your 4 year degree (minus all transfer credits).
Any time spent at SOU on the exchange program cannot be used to establish residency in Oregon.