Skip Navigation

Southern Oregon University

ADMISSIONS            Freshman | Transfer | International | Graduate

Apply Graduate

Admissions Requirements for Graduate Students

Individuals who wish to pursue a master’s degree must apply to both the Office of Admissions and their desired program to become a fully admitted graduate student. 

Graduate Applicants

  • Complete the online Graduate/Postbaccalaureate application for admission
  • Complete an area-specific program application
  • Submit official transcripts from all prior college and university course work.
  • Submit entrance examination scores. Most programs require students to complete a preliminary entrance examination. The entrance examination for most master’s programs is the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).

International students applying for a graduate program have a different set of requirements and should visit our International student page for admissions requirements.

Graduate Admission Standards

  • Hold a bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree from an accredited college or university, as defined by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers. Students who received a baccalaureate degree from a nonaccredited institution may consult the dean that supervises their desired program regarding the policy on special admission of graduate students with baccalaureate degrees from nonaccredited institutions.
  • Have completed sufficient prerequisite coursework to pursue graduate work in the proposed academic area.
  • Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in the last 90 quarter credits (60 semester credits) of undergraduate coursework.


Postbaccalaureate Admission

Students who do not meet all of the requirements for graduate admission, but want to pursue a second bachelor’s degree or want to take 9 or more credits of graduate coursework without being admitted to a graduate program may apply for postbaccalaureate admission. 

Postbaccalaureate Applicants