The enrollment deposit is a one-time, $300 fee that covers all of your start-up expenses at SOU. We ask that you pay a minimum of $50 up-front. If you choose to pay the $50 minimum, the remaining $250 balance will be applied to your student account when classes begin.
For students entering in the fall, the priority deposit date is June 1, but you are welcome to submit the enrollment deposit as soon as you have made your decision to attend Southern Oregon University. Submitting the enrollment deposit early ensures the following:
- Priority access to Raider Orientation and Registration
- Priority housing assignments
- A secured place in the incoming class
- Priority communications about vital next steps such as New Student Orientation
Q: I'm ready to deposit! What do I do?
A: You have a few options:
- Mail a check to the address below. Make sure you attach a note with your name, address and student ID.
- Call the Admissions Office with a Visa or MasterCard credit card.
- Drop off the deposit in person.
Southern Oregon University
Office of Admissions
1250 Siskiyou Blvd
Ashland OR 97520
1 (855) 470-3377
Q: Why do I need to pay the enrollment deposit?
A: The enrollment deposit allows the University to more effectively plan for class offerings and student resources in preparation for the next term. Additionally, it provides an incentive for students to actively consider their college choice before completion of their senior year or their final term before transferring. Earlier enrollment also increases your options in housing choices, Raider Registration dates, and classes.
Q: Is the deposit refundable?
A: Partially. The first $50 is non-refundable.
- 100%, after the first $50, is refundable if you cancel your admission prior to advising/registration, or July 1 (whichever comes first).
- 50%, after the first $50, is refundable after advising/registration*.
- 0% is refundable after the first day of class.
*Other charges on your account (parking pass, meal points, etc.) must be handled separately.