Accelerated Baccalaureate Program
"If you have what it takes... You can have it ALL!"
In the SOU
the Fast and the Serious can
have it all.
Do you have what it takes?
Think about it:
- Do you already know what you want to do with your life?
- Have you already decided upon your college major?
- Do you want recognition and credit for your high-level high school classes?
- Would you like to graduate in three years instead of four, but still have time to participate
in athletics or music or student government or international studies or community service?
Then maybe you are ready to be one of SOU's Fast and Serious!
Here's what it takes:
- High School GPA of 3.40* or better
- Have decided upon your college major when you start
- Complete an application
Here's what you get:
- A contract with SOU to complete course work in three years
- Preferred class registration status
- A REDUCTION of 21 to 45 general education credits (that's up to ONE FULL YEAR)!
- Ordinary course loads of about 16 credits (four classes) per term
- Time to work, play, study, volunteer, and compete - TIME TO LIVE
- One less year of college and one more year of what YOU want to do
- One less year of the expense of tuition, fees, and books
- One year earlier to grad school
- One year in the job market BEFORE your peers
- Upon graduation you have a fully recognized Bachelor's Degree from SOU
* Don't have a 3.40 GPA? See our website at www.sou.edu/abp because a 3.20 GPA with good SAT or ACT scores may also qualify.
A recent Medford Mail Tribune article about the Accelerated Baccalaureate Program.