SOU’s main campus is located in Ashland, Oregon, an ideal college town with its own rich heritage of culture and outdoor activities that complement life on campus.
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival: 783 annual performances of 11 productions
- Britt Music Festivals: Summer jazz, classical, and rock concerts
- Mt. Ashland Ski & Snowboard Resort: 1,150 vertical feet, 23 runs, and 4 chairlifts
- Rogue, Klamath, and Illinois Rivers: World-class fishing and rafting
- Crater Lake: The second-deepest lake in North America
- Outdoor Recreation: The Pacific Crest Trail, and several lakes and rivers all within twenty miles of the Ashland campus